Why Eco Fempads?
Eco Fempads and pantyliners are great way to become green. They are better for your wallet, for your health, and for the environment. Initial investment may be higher than disposable, but they can be reused again and again! They should lasts for years! In the long run, you'll save money and the planet. Also, they are very comfortable to wear and easy to use and wash. And with removable inserts feature of HabbeEarth Eco Fempad, you can be sure that your pads are clean inside and out. Once you try these, you will never go back to disposable pads because cloth pads benefits so much!
Who should use cloth?
All women, especially women who: have sensitive skin, do not want to be exposed to chemicals from disposables, want to be green, and/or want to save money.
Washable Menstrual / Feminine Pads (Cloth Pads) with removable inserts
Comes in 3 different lengths and sizes, Regular Pad, Heavy Pad and Overnight Pad. It has wings with durable snaps to be attach around the base of the underwear to secure it from falling.
Our Eco Fempads has 3 layers of fabrics with overlapping opening on top that allows the soaker (insert) to be remove and to put back in. The removable inserts makes the Eco Fempads flexible to use for different types of flows. You can use 1-3 inserts depending on how light or heavy the flow is, or how thick or thin you want the pads to be. Plus the great thing with these removable inserts is you can wash all parts of the Fempad inside and out! So no more worries for those unseen strains and dirts stocked inside!
Eco Fempads with removable inserts:
- Inner/Top Layer (Stay Dry/Wicking Fabric) - It rapidly wicks moisture away from the skin and allows for a cool, comfortable and dry feel.
- Middle/Core Layer (Absorbent Cotton) - It absorbs the moisture and hold the liquid in the Fempads.
- Outer/Bottom Layer (Waterproof Fabric) - It keeps moisture/liquid inside and prevent from leaking.
Each inserts is 2 layers of very absorbent cotton terry/fleece
How to Use?
Place the fempad on the base of your underwear. The opening part for inserts must be positioned below the wings. Then simply fasten the snaps around the base of your underwear.
*You may have to change the pad every, 4-5 hours for heavy flows (usually 1st and 2nd day of period) and 6-8 hours for normal flows.
- Wash all the pads before initial use as it might accumulated dust and dirt.
- After use, rinse the pads/liners in water with plain detergent (no fabric conditioner) or baking soda and vinegar for several hours to a day to remove blood staining.
- Hand wash or machine wash in cold or normal water.
- Tumble dry low or hang dry, preferably with sunlight.
- Never wash your pads/liners with blood stain in hot water.
- Avoid using bleach and fabric conditioner. Bleach an shorten the life of the pads while fabric conditioner will affect the absorbency of the fabrics.
- Sunlight helps act as a mild sanitizer in drying.
- Always carry a storage pouch for extra and used pads/liners (preferably waterproof to protect your bag) when out.